Post Message Search Overview RegisterLoginAdmin
Some of my Tucson pictures
Post Reply Edit View All Forum
Posted by: floorkasp Post Reply
02/19/2013, 09:39:16

Time to post some of my Tucson images.
Got home yesterday after some pretty exhausting travelling. My sprained ankle had quite an effect on my Tucson schedule. Peter was quite happy with the slower than usual pace ;-)

What was most special for me this year was meeting up with so many of the people I interviewed for my book 'Beads from Tucson' last year. The response to the book was great, and I had quickly run out of extra copies. I will be thinking about a better way to distribute and/or get it published. Also, I can honestly say that the most special beads I brought home with me this year, are beads that were a gift from fellow bead enthousiasts.

On the images are some of the beads I will surely cherish.

I went by glass artist Kevin o' Grady to give him his copy of his book. We talkes a bit, but he was very busy. A few days later, J-Me said I should go back to see Kevin at the Best Bead Show...... And when I did, Kevin showed me two different chevron beads he made and asked me to pick which one I liked best. And then he gave it to me as a Thank You gift for the book. And what a gift it was. Peter told Kevin it takes a special bead to make me speechless.....

On the coldest and wettest day I went by the Grant Inn and had a great time talking to Bassem, Thomas and another dealer, Bill Boss. It was at this show that Danny Lopacki was also showing his great work. Peter and I were very welcome in his lovely warm room on this cold day. Danny gave me a beautiful Chinese turquoise bead he made, as a thank you for the book. You can see this bead in the picture next to the original stone. Danny promised that he will publish his knowledge on Chinese turquoise when he finds the time, which will be great. I love both the look and feel of this bead. Could not stop touching it when I was wearing it. There are so many stone beads found in Tucson, but this quality of stone and craft is very rare.

foto4.JPG (155.5 KB)  DSC04577-2.jpg (38.5 KB)  

Modified by floorkasp at Tue, Feb 19, 2013, 09:43:26

Copyright 2019
All rights reserved by Bead Collector Network and its users
Where we were staying
Re: Some of my Tucson pictures -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/19/2013, 09:42:41

Peter and I had found a vintage RV for rent in someone's garden on Simpson Street, just a 100 yards from the convention center. A perfect location and a quirky place to be.
On the pictures you can see the RV and my beaded crutches.

foto.JPG (103.8 KB)  foto5.JPG (156.5 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Prosser chevron
02/19/2013, 09:45:02

Bill Boss had this Prosser chevron for sale. I am pretty sure it comes from the Briare factory. They are very rare.

DSC04552-2.jpg (45.2 KB)  DSC04550-2.jpg (43.7 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Re: Prosser chevron
Re: Prosser chevron -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: jp Post Reply
02/20/2013, 19:09:01

I have not seen this exact type of simulated chevron in the Briare Museum, although they have quite a few different styles of them in their reserves. Maybe we missed them. Do you have a picture of one you saw in Briare? I would be curious and excited to solve this problem since we have been unable to find out for sure who actually made them. It's been on my mind for at least the last 30 years.
JP

Copyright 2019
Re: Re: Prosser chevron
Re: Re: Prosser chevron -- jp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/21/2013, 02:45:59

For as far as I can tell, there were two ways in which the Bapterosses attempted to make chevron type beads. The first is by molding different layers in different colours together. Quite a few of these examples can be seen in the museum. They are made in different colour combinations, and some in the classic red, white, blue. They come in a maximum of 6 layers. The type of molding on these appears to be done in different ways, I think it was mostly experimenting with the technique. Some appear to be made from different parts that were put together as a puzzle. Considering the fact that the museum shows both the beads, and some half-products, I am pretty sure they made these themselves.

The second way is much simpler, and the example I showed you from Bill Boss is one of those. It consists of a single colour bead (white) which has been decorated with some type of glaze to resemble a chevron pattern. In Briare, I have seen one other example of these, owned by a local woman and found on the dumpsite. That one actually has been made in a specific shape as well, with the ridges. I think this one is now showing in the museum as well. Some of the exhibits were changed, and quite a few of her beads were included.
The Bapterosses used these type of glazes to make plain beads resemble other beads (like fancy and striped drawn beads, and I am pretty sure that these chevron types were both made by the Bapterosses as well.

I believe that none of these chevron types were actually succesfull enough so that they could be sold. I believe all of the ones that are around are 'work in progress'.

I have not seen any chevron style beads come from any other Prosser beadmaker of that time.

DSC00062.jpg (37.1 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron
Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/21/2013, 02:57:06

Actually, this first bead you showed here on BCN in 2008 is an example of what I would call 'type 1, with molded layers. And the second one is a bead that I would put in the 'Prosser chevron style, type 2' category: Plain white bead, with added colour decorations.
Both were photographed in the museum? I have not seen the 2nd one there.

1_briare9_copy.jpg (38.3 KB)  1_briare11_copy.jpg (44.1 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Re: Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron
Re: Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/21/2013, 18:12:48

Hello
yes we took those pictures in the museum among a few others. I agree Bapterosses experimented various styles of simulated chevrons, but they look a little different to me and I am not convinced this particular bead is for sure a Bapterosses product (although it is possible).
We have not seen this bead in the museum or any of the sample cards they have in their reserves, which has a vast amount of them. I would think there would be a good chance to see it.
That is why I would like to see if there is actually one of them today in the museum.
This technique and other including the simulated chevrons which are hollow could have been made by other people as well, and not necessarily with the Prosser method.
The fact that we don't know other firms who could have made them is no evidence that they are Bapterrosses, but of course we would welcome any news that can shade a clear light on any of these enigmatic"fakes"
Here are other pictures of two experiment from Briare.
JP

briare13.jpg (79.1 KB)  briare20a.jpg (126.8 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron -- jp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/22/2013, 03:17:15

First of all, thank you for showing these up close images of the beads from the museum. I have only been able to see them in their cabinets, and seeing them like this explains a lot on how they were made.

I understand what you mean, I think. And please correct me if I am wrong) You are basically saying there are three types of 'prosser' chevron imitations. The first being the variety of molded colour beads that the Bapterosses experimented on, like the ones in your last post. The second being the white beads with the ridges and the added decorations, like the one you have seen at the museum and the one I saw at the collector's house in Briare. The third type, would be the type I showed in my original post. I put that one in the same category as the others with added decorations, but with a second look, they are indeed quite different. I do not have any way to connect them to the Bapterosses factory. It did look and feel like a prosser bead to me, though. Especially the rough bottom where it would have sat in the kiln makes me think it is made by the Prosser method.
These first image below shows beads that I think have all been made in Briare, and it includes some hollow beads of a (somewhat) similar shape.
The second image are also Briare beads, decorated to resemble for example drawn and agate beads.

Have you seen any of the other chevron types appear on any of their sample cards?

DSC00059.jpg (45.6 KB)  DSC00101.jpg (21.6 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prosser chevron -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/22/2013, 20:43:35

hi
Unfortunately I have not seen yet any sample card with simulated chevrons like the ones we are discussing.
The hollow types are perfectly round, come in 2 sizes: ~ 20 and ~ 30mm and are very light. We have a broken one that I put back together and has a missing piece - it has a thin layer of ~ 2mm and all have chevron layer decoration in various color.
You can see them in blue, white and red in our chevron book on page 53/54.
Here is a picture of a couple of them.
JP

czech1a.jpg (25.8 KB)  czech1.jpg (43.3 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Ancient strand
02/19/2013, 09:50:17

This strand of high quality ancient beads was for sale at the Pueblo Gem Show. Will have to get back to you with the name of the dealer.

DSC04529.jpg (27.8 KB)  DSC04531.jpg (26.1 KB)  

Copyright 2019
small vessels?
Re: Ancient strand -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: KFM Post Reply
02/20/2013, 12:55:16

I remember seeing this strand at the Pueblo - who had them? What is your opinion of the little vessels? Hard to believe they would have survived so many centuries with their handles in tact! I don't remember seeing beads like this in any publications. Maybe someone can enlighten me!

Copyright 2019
Re: small vessels?
Re: small vessels? -- KFM Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/21/2013, 03:04:21

Found the card of the seller: Abdul Wais from Bead castle. No website.
He had many more goodies, but this one stood out to me.
I think I have seen some of these tiny vessels before, but not quite sure. Would be interesting to know more.

Copyright 2019
Small vessels?these types are recently made maybe Mideast, or India?
Re: Re: small vessels? -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: Stefany Post Reply
02/21/2013, 18:02:28

Recently I have noticed too many that match perfectly ...

Copyright 2019
attractive and amusing - recently made
Re: Small vessels?these types are recently made maybe Mideast, or India? -- Stefany Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: Stefany Post Reply
03/01/2013, 15:28:18

various batches in this E-auction...

Related link: so-called Roman jugs...

Copyright 2019
I would be suspicious!!!!
Posted by: TASART Post Reply
02/21/2013, 18:22:48

There are many factors to be wary of this strand, I have been informed by a collector much wiser than myself that many of these beads are newly made and the vessels (jugs) are reconstructed using older Islamic beads with handles and bases added!!! The focal bead appears to be modern repro as do some of the other larger beads, some of the smaller beads towards the top are probably authentic to give the necklace some credibility, but as I see it, it is a strand to be cautious if considering buying!!!

Copyright 2019
Miniature jug-shaped amulets
Posted by: will Post Reply
02/21/2013, 19:29:44

Yes, I agree with Thomas. The jug-shaped beads on this strand aren't even serious reproductions, just modern variants on an ancient theme that are quite pretty in themselves and of no real value. The original beads were manufactured in West Asia in the mid-4th to early-5th century at the time of the rise of Byzantium. According to Marianne Stern and others, they probably functioned as religious amulets for Christian pilgrims (like many of the stamped glass pendants we talked about here a year or so ago). Perhaps they were intended to evoke holy water containers, or perhaps they were actually used to hold a few blessed drops themselves. The most common design consists of a glass tube open at one end, closed at the other, with a network of lampworked glass trailed around the middle to suggest a bulbous body (see the attached). They were intended to be hung as pendants, not strung as beads, so they bear little real resemblance to these contemporary versions.

Most - probably all - of the other beads on the strand are also recent, and they definitely shouldn't be sold or bought as ancient.

Will

Jug-amulet185a.jpg (37.2 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Those vessels looked like FIMO creations to me on first glance
Posted by: Rosanna Post Reply
02/21/2013, 22:09:33

But I didn't want to sound like an ignoramus so I waited for the experts to comment.

Copyright 2019
Too good to be true?
02/22/2013, 02:58:56

I remember seeing the strand and being surprised by the condition and quality of the beads. Guess it was too good to be true.

Seems strange to me, though, how these things happen. The seller seemed to be a genuine bead enthousiast, with a great and varied collection. He was also proud of this strand. I asked if I could take these pictures, and he knew I would be putting them online.

So either he was unaware of the beads being reproductions, which does not make sense as he seemed to know and love his beads. Or he did know they were reproductions, but then why would he let me photograph them? Surely he would know someone with more knowledge of these beads than me would find out?

Anyway.....I hope nobody buys it a a price that it simply is not worth.

Copyright 2019
Thanks!
Re: Too good to be true? -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: KFM Post Reply
02/22/2013, 07:05:03

It's good to have my suspicions validated by the experts! And now I remember seeing them in Bead Castle's booth...

Copyright 2019
Sellers who don't know what they're selling
Re: Too good to be true? -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/22/2013, 08:42:09

Hi Floor,

A long time ago, when I lived in Hong Kong, I had the good fortune to know the most respected antique dealer in the (then) colony, a man named Dunt King. He taught me a huge amount about Asian ceramics and gave me almost complete freedom to study his collection, pointing out the fine points and the flaws quite dispassionately. One day, in a moment of grateful sentimentality, I said to him: "You are the only trustworthy antique dealer in Hong Kong." He smiled, patted my hand, and said: "Thank you, but there is no such thing as a trustworthy antique dealer."

He didn't mean that all dealers are crooks, but he was reminding me that we all live in a constant state of tension between ignorance and knowledge. Even he would never know enough to be trustworthy. Even the experts make mistakes; they learn from them but in many cases they cover them up. And this is compounded ten-fold when people get into collecting primarily as an investment rather than for the love of what they are collecting. They make mistakes, as we all do; they then try to convince themselves that everything's okay; but when they finally admit that they have bought a fake they feel betrayed by the object rather than seeing it primarily as another useful step in a learning process. So, like the Vietnamese ceramics collector I talked about in a recent post, they try to cut their losses and offload the fake as being authentic, and somebody else ends up making the same mistake all over again.

I don't think there's anything new in all this, but the situation has grown to quite new proportions because of the internet and the media. When I check out the commercial online data services that record auction and sales prices, I find them in many cases impossibly contaminated by fakes. Yet these are the same services that auctioneers and dealers use to establish the authenticity of what they sell and to set their estimates.

I've no idea how any of this fits into these fake ancient beads, but I would guess that all the factors I've described might come into play in their being portrayed as something they're not.

Best,

Will

Copyright 2019
Re: Ancient strand
Posted by: Shinji Post Reply
02/22/2013, 22:16:00

Isn't there anyone who think the stand looks good?

Yes there is.
It looks good for me.
The informations form 2 pictures are not enough to assert that all beads are authentic.
But informations(colors,styles,designs,decolations,surfaces...) I can get from 2 pictures appeal they(at least allmost of them) are authentic.

I think the seller(or someone) sellected his favorite (rare and good condition) beads and made the strand.
So the strand includes many kinds of beads from Phoenician to venetian in good condition.
It includes one venetian round millefiori also.

Speaking to vessels beads,it's true that there are many fakes of them.
New made fakes are available.
And special one that is glued some ancient glass parts is also available ( sometimes being sold on e-bay).
I have both as samples.
But vessels beads in pictures look different from that kind of fakes for me.
I cann't judge thier handle is original or not from pictures.
I need to check them by magnifying glass in detail.
But thier bodies look authentic for me at least.
They are islamic beads.

I remember somebody posted the topic about vessel beads before.
I have been a fun of this forum for a long time.

The following link is somebody's post long time ago.
They are fakes.
But vessels beads in pictures look different from that kind of fakes for me.

SHINJI

Related link: fake vessels beads

Copyright 2019
Examples?
Re: Re: Ancient strand -- Shinji Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/23/2013, 04:58:03

Hi Shinji,

Perhaps you could show us examples of authenticated miniature jug beads that resemble those on this strand.

Do you really think that yellow/white/blue "Phoenician" is authentic?

Best,

Will

Copyright 2019
Re: Re: Ancient strand
Posted by: thengan Post Reply
02/23/2013, 07:00:27

Looks authentic ...
So far I don't know any acceptable " fake or copy " of Stratified flush blue and white eye besds .
( " about fifty variants are known to exist " Robert K. Liu ) .

Copyright 2019
Interesting.....
Posted by: Floorkasp Post Reply
02/23/2013, 12:55:54

Interesting to see everyone's responses. Either way, I am glad I am was not completely ignorant for thinking they were/are real. The decoration on the vessels seem to be very similar to one another. Especially the red-white black stripe and the two types of murrini, one red/white, others with a yellow center. I had noticed the Venetian bead indeed. Perhaps I can find some more close-ups in the pictures I took of the strand when I get back home on Monday. If I do, I will post them.

Copyright 2019
Posted by: mosquitobay Post Reply
02/23/2013, 08:19:04

Hello to all,

I have been meaning to weigh in on this matter, but have not had time to give it justice. I have been collecting and selling ancient vessel beads for many years. That of course does not make me an expert, and even if it did, as Will has aptly pointed out experts can make mistake as well. In fact sometimes they cannot see past their own desires, like many new collectors, we want something to be good, so sometimes we miss the flaws that might be obvious to others.

I have dealt with Bead castle many times over the years. He often riles other sellers for some reason, but he seems to have a great and uncanny talent for accumulating very high quality ancient beads, many looking so good that you want to think they must be new. I have also seen ancient beads mis-identified in his store before.

Now the strand in question has at least one bead that is Venetian in period, early 1920's most likely. And it is certainly possible that some others could be replicas, but I would not be too quick to judge the whole strand by the pictures shown. In many cases I have seen or heard of "Like-new" beads coming straight out of archaeological sites, either they were well protected by the situation or the content of the soil, etc.

I will try to follow up this weekend with some examples of vessel beads from my collection, along with some very helpful information on vessel beads from Maude Spaer's book about glass beads in the Israeli Museum.

Remember, don't judge all beads by the company they might keep on a trader's strand.

More to come.

4976a.jpg (57.9 KB)  4976b.jpg (91.2 KB)  

Copyright 2019
For me,
Posted by: Joyce Post Reply
02/23/2013, 08:37:18

Most of the vessels are repro, some using Islamic beads. Most of the non-vessel beads are good, a mix of Phoenician, Islamic and a Venetian. The vessels add an appeal to a more or less regular mix of available beads, assembled for "cute" appeal to a new collector buying on impulse, who may or may not research their purchase.

Copyright 2019
02/23/2013, 22:46:39

Unfortunately I don't have authentic islamic vessel beads in my collection now.
I have seen them a few years ago, they were being sold by an Afganistan dealler.
And prices maybe arround 500 USD by piece in those days.

Strictly speaking, vessel beads in 2nd picture look good for me and other vessel beads on the other side look no good for me as far.
Yellow eye beads look good for me.
Anyway those 2 pictures are not enough to declare.

White arrows are ???? for me as far.
(I studied the idiom "as far" in this time.
I'm studing not only beads but also English in this forum.)

And I tried to make same kind of strand in 2nd picture using related beads in my collection.

ren2.jpg (53.4 KB)  ren.jpg (114.6 KB)  

Copyright 2019
"Ancient" beads from Afghanistan/Jug-shaped beads from Christie's
Posted by: Will Post Reply
02/24/2013, 15:03:28

Hi Shinji,

At least we're starting to agree that some of these beads are doubtful. But I don't understand how the two jug-shaped beads you are suspicious of differ from the three you think are okay. Can you explain, please? They all look to me as though they could come from the same (contemporary) workshop.

As you say, many fake "Ghabri" beads seem to come out of Afghanistan and I've seen large quantities in Peshawar. I always thought they were made in Lebanon, but India is also a possibility. Either way, Stefany is right.

I've been looking around today to try to find authenticated examples (I mean in museums, auction houses, publications) that resemble the jug-shaped beads on this strand. So far I haven't found any - which doesn't mean that none exist, only that they're quite unusual compared to the standard amulets. But in the process I did find some of the more common beads in a Lot that was sold at Christie's in London last April for - wait for it! - $20,225. That's $20,225 for 15 beads/amulets, some of them broken, and two very ordinary little glass jarlets. Crazy, eh? And yet I'm told the same beads can still be bought in Israel for under $100.

Best wishes,

Will

C:Ap12:$20,225.jpg (5991 bytes)  

Modified by Will at Sun, Feb 24, 2013, 15:15:35

Copyright 2019
Can you provide a link to that Christie's auction? The pic is pretty small. Tnx!
Re: "Ancient" beads from Afghanistan/Jug-shaped beads from Christie's -- Will Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: beadiste Post Reply
02/24/2013, 18:15:42

Copyright 2019
Here it is - I hope!
Re: Can you provide a link to that Christie's auction? The pic is pretty small. Tnx! -- beadiste Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/24/2013, 20:25:36

Related link: http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/ancient-art-antiquities/fifteen-roman-glass-miniature-vessels-circa-2nd-5th-5548707-details.aspx?from=salesummary&intObjectID=5548707&sid=0dc2df1b-ab8d-4b03-8f09-f343ca109405

Copyright 2019
Thanks! Christie's zoom feature is really good
Re: Here it is - I hope! -- Will Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: beadiste Post Reply
02/24/2013, 20:43:21

Christie's has that neat Adobe Flash zoom feature that enables one to get a really close, crisp look at things.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/ZoomImage.aspx?image=/lotfinderimages/d55487/d5548707&IntObjectID=5548707

Related link: http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/ZoomImage.aspx?image=/lotfinderimages/d55487/d5548707&IntObjectID=5548707
Modified by beadiste at Sun, Feb 24, 2013, 21:18:23

Copyright 2019
Someone had more money than sense.
Re: Here it is - I hope! -- Will Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: jake@nomaddesign Post Reply
02/24/2013, 21:59:00

Copyright 2019
Re: "Ancient" beads from Afghanistan/Jug-shaped beads from Christie's
Re: "Ancient" beads from Afghanistan/Jug-shaped beads from Christie's -- Will Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/24/2013, 20:17:01

Hi Will

To tell the truth I don't know that authentic jug-shaped beads in islamic era exist or not.

The difference bitween "suspicious" and "okay" is comming from just impression from pictures.

"okay" is not okay in fact.
When I saw 3 (or 2) jug-shaped beads in 2nd picture(close-up one)
I thought that inlayed "Murrine" or decolated lines on thier body look original and could not judge thier handles and heads and foots are "new works" from the picture.

As far I can only say Thier body looks "OKAY" and cann't deny they(in 2nd picture) are authentic from the picure.
I'm not saying they(jug-shaped beads in 2nd picture) are authentic,
I just cann't deny.

And speaking to 2 jug-shaped beads on the other side, thier styls look unnatural for me from the picture.

All of jug-shaped beads may be fake (using authentic islamic beads) or some of them are authentic, it's difficul to judge for me from thoses pictures.

So If I have a chance to see them in front of me, I may say all of jug-shaped beads are fakes or I may say all of them are authentic.

In the first place if authentic jug-shaped beads in islamic era doesn't exist we don't need to discuss,haha.

And speaking to the other round shaped beads I'm more positive than jug-shaped beads.

Anyway It's difficult for me to express what I'm thinking in Engsish
exactly.
I'm afraid that It may cause confusion here...
Please correct my English if you find something wrong.

Copyright 2019
Thanks, Shinji...
Re: Re: "Ancient" beads from Afghanistan/Jug-shaped beads from Christie's -- Shinji Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/24/2013, 20:31:35

... you're right, it's very difficult to talk about these things on the basis of photos. And don't worry about your English; it says just what you want it to.

Cheers,

will

Copyright 2019
Re: Thanks, Shinji...
Re: Thanks, Shinji... -- Will Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/24/2013, 23:20:53

I really want to sell my beads at Christie's.......
Thank you for the unbelievable information.

Copyright 2019
02/26/2013, 19:05:13

Copyright 2019
02/26/2013, 19:12:36

From Collectible Beads :http://www.pbase.com/thengan/image/148971522
And absolute-pristine ( original ) : http://www.pbase.com/thengan/image/82236213

Copyright 2019
Marble beads and mixed strands
02/19/2013, 09:53:34

A whole bowl of marble beads, and some of the mixed strands I got from several dealers at the African Art Village. All of the strands I picked mostly have fairly plain trade beads, but they also had some special beads. Will show them later, just like some of my other treasures.

DSC04538-2.jpg (57.1 KB)  foto1.JPG (142.4 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Dino's
02/19/2013, 09:56:03

Last pictures for now.
First: a funny sight of wrapped up dino replica's at the Innsuites show.
Second: huge pieces of dino bone.

IMG_2607.jpg (87.0 KB)  foto3.JPG (144.6 KB)  

Modified by floorkasp at Tue, Feb 19, 2013, 09:57:33

Copyright 2019
One of these guys hitched a ride to Grant Inn, on his way to Waffle House!
Re: Dino's -- floorkasp Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/19/2013, 22:00:45

dinoatgrantinn.jpg (48.2 KB)  

Copyright 2019
a few Dinos made it to Phoenix
Re: One of these guys hitched a ride to Grant Inn, on his way to Waffle House! -- Joyce Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: TASART Post Reply
02/20/2013, 18:32:15

My brother Alex is involved in putting together a wellness garden at the Phoenix Children's Hospital, he purchased these Dino repros to be donated and become a part of the exhibit in the garden, they can be climbed on and enjoyed up close, a little something for the poor little ones staying in the hospital.... here is a picture of Alex with the unwrapped Dinos in his yard

dino.jpg (162.2 KB)  

Copyright 2019
Thanks for showing, and sharing this info! Truly a great project.
Re: a few Dinos made it to Phoenix -- TASART Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/20/2013, 20:43:28

Copyright 2019
What a great thing to do with these ancient looking beasts!
Re: a few Dinos made it to Phoenix -- TASART Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
02/21/2013, 03:05:39

Copyright 2019
Thanks for sharing, Floor!
02/20/2013, 20:55:10

I'm very glad your foot got better in time to get out and about. It's been snowing in Tucson and Phoenix, and a golf tournament was cancelled - I'm very glad for the sunshine we had!

Copyright 2019

Forum     Back