What are these black beads called?
Post Reply Edit View All Forum
Posted by: Luann Udell Post Reply
05/26/2018, 11:27:15

I have a very few beads like the ones on the left side of this strand. (I snagged the pic from Scott Seaman's site at http://coincoin.com/)

Unfortunately, this strand has already been sold. I know the "gear" beads on the right are Czech, but what are the ones on the left?

They are not those Prosser flower heishi, they are much "rougher", as though pressed with a rod to create the flutes, rather than molded.

How would they be described?? Fluted? Lobed?? (When I described them to Scott, I think I said they looked like squashed pumpkins.) (Probably not a technically correct descripion.) :^D

I never saw any before a month or so ago, and I want more!

black_beads.jpg (133.4 KB)  
Luann Udell artist & writer Ancient stories retold in modern artifacts LuannUdell.com
Related link: http://coincoin.com/
Modified by Luann Udell at Sat, May 26, 2018, 11:28:24

© Copyright 2018
All rights reserved by Bead Collector Network and its users