Post Message Search Overview RegisterLoginAdmin
Local Bead
Post Reply Edit View All Forum
Posted by: frank Post Reply
01/03/2019, 19:04:31

Botryoidal Washington Jade bead, 45 mm long, 4 mm hole

BJadeBeadJan2019_1Web.jpg (150.6 KB)  BjadeBeadJan2019_2Web.jpg (144.5 KB)  

Copyright 2019
All rights reserved by Bead Collector Network and its users
Super material super bead.
Re: Local Bead -- frank Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: lopacki Post Reply
01/04/2019, 08:30:36

Copyright 2019
Yes!
Re: Super material super bead. -- lopacki Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: Joyce Post Reply
01/05/2019, 11:20:58

Copyright 2019
I remember visiting an exhibit of botryoidal jade at Tucson about 10? years ago
Re: Local Bead -- frank Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: beadiste Post Reply
01/04/2019, 12:37:43

The sellers were from Northern California, if I remember right. Their story mentioned having to watch out for shotguns defending illicit pot farms in the mountain forests where their jade mine was located.

Their material was a bit more boogery-looking than the lovely green in your bead.

Modified by beadiste at Fri, Jan 04, 2019, 12:38:34

Copyright 2019
Re: I remember visiting an exhibit of botryoidal jade at Tucson about 10? years ago
Re: I remember visiting an exhibit of botryoidal jade at Tucson about 10? years ago -- beadiste Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: frank Post Reply
01/04/2019, 21:06:24

They pushed their rough and beads very hard but the market was not all that impressed. We have so little great rough jade here in the Pacific northwest and it is so dispersed in creeks , rivers and the ocean that the big money people can't monopolize it despite spending fortunes ( literally ) trying to do just that. I love scouring the beach to see what little jades the falling tide reveals and we work hard to keep the big valuable ones where the glacier left them . Our spectacular multi ton ones often stay hidden in the cobbles for years at a time and are often exposed for just one tide cycle after huge storms. The local jade community enjoys viewing them when they are out and hopes they will be here for generations.

Copyright 2019
One of my favorite pastimes.....
Re: Re: I remember visiting an exhibit of botryoidal jade at Tucson about 10? years ago -- frank Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: Luann Udell Post Reply
01/16/2019, 22:50:20

I'm not a rock hound, more of a pebble puppy. Rocks and pebbles of the California coast are astonishing for their range of types and colors, and green is my favorite. So many shades of green!

Northern_CA_beach_pebbles.jpg (255.2 KB)  
Luann Udell artist & writer Ancient stories retold in modern artifacts LuannUdell.com

Copyright 2019

Forum     Back