Re: still researching, but some large foraminifera are found in Sussex -- birdi Post Reply Edit Forum Where am I?
Posted by: birdi Post Reply
06/17/2017, 21:40:06

The disc shaped formenifera are called Nummulites.

I wonder if my discs could be something different. They are so perfectly circular, and don't have little chambers like the nummulites I see online. Could they have grown inside of tubes? Trapdoors of some coral creature? Not from the sea but from fresh water? Ack

Copyright 2017
All rights reserved by Bead Collector Network and its users